They’re so simple, just some coconut milk, matcha (green tea powder–don’t substitute green tea leaves in any form), a bit of sweetener, and a little milk to thin everything out. What results is pure divinity–a rich, yet light coconutty flavor paired with aromatic, grassy matcha. They are Amazing.
The perfect cool treat when you’re craving something creamy and looking for something a little gourmet. I won’t even mention the health benefits of matcha and coconut milk. It might just put us both over the edge from obsession to full-fledge addiction.
- 1 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- about 1/2 cup alt-milk (almond or more coconut would be great!)
- 2-3 teaspoons culinary-quality matcha powder
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- In a large measuring cup, whisk coconut milk until smooth. In a small mixing bowl, mix about 1-2 tablespoons milk with 2 teaspoons matcha powder until smooth. Pour mixture into coconut milk. Add agave nectar and mix until smooth. Taste and, if a grassier, stronger matcha taste is desired, mix another teaspoon of matcha in a little milk until smooth and add to coconut milk mixture.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze at least 5 hours.